TMc: Gun Carry Permit 04 | Beaufort County Now | I suggest spending a lot of time playing with your unloaded gun while watching TV. Read the instructions and open and close the cylinder again and again. | unloaded gun, trigger guard, cylinder lock, 38 caliber revolver, Gun Range, Parents

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

TMc: Gun Carry Permit 04

    YouTube has excellent training.

    I suggest spending a lot of time playing with your unloaded gun while watching TV. Read the instructions and open and close the cylinder again and again. Many revolvers do not have a safety so buy a trigger guard or cylinder lock or improvise something simple. During a home invasion there is no time for loading. If kids visit, unload the gun and lock it away. Parents have a real dilemma.

    Assume you bought an easy to use 38 caliber revolver shown in previous articles for home protection only-you can then go to the gun range and buy a small box of ammo, pay for the lane; rent eye and ear safety equipment, shoot 12 rounds, unload, and go home. You will then be 50% trained. Gun Range Link

    Conclusion: Using the 80/20 rule of business (you can learn 80% of a subject in the first 20% of time; use the remaining 80% of time to become an expert), I have enough knowledge for home defense. Fortunately, a retired policeman buddy gives free lectures and visits gun ranges with his trainees. Be safe out there.


( April 6th, 2016 @ 7:25 pm )
I'm not worried TMac, you see I have the gate guarding my neighborhood and since every house looks the same, I doubt anyone would be able to find me. Not even a Swedish Stewardess.
( April 6th, 2016 @ 5:04 pm )
BT: Rest EZ. Untrained Idiots with Concealed Weapons are patrolling suburbia.
( March 28th, 2016 @ 8:31 am )
This has been a good series.

I will dig up my Training with a BB gun article from Grandpa's Diary and review to see if it is worthy of BCN (based on most of my articles, how would I know?). We actually did train using Daisy Lever Action BB guns.

Updated to comment: March 30, 2016
For what it is worth, the BB gun article is published now.
( March 28th, 2016 @ 8:27 am )
Someone with Field Experience, Military or Police, should write 05.

Jewel's "Picking Up the Pieces" Tour Expands her Comfortable Range in Durham's Carolina Theater Morning Muse, Public Vignettes, Visiting Writers, Today's Literature, The Arts Gun Series - Accuracy, Precision or Both


Latest The Arts

I ordered a Pillow Man pillow on Amazon not because of politics but technology.
Major Capra was fresh from his stint in the U.S. Army Signal Corps. Colonel Stewart had just provided the U.S. Army Air Corps his best years. And these two great patriots made one great film.
Throughout history, several artists continue to change the world because of their unique approach, style, and beliefs. These are some of the artists that have influenced society today who challenged traditional concepts and urged us to continue redefining modern art.


For the few years that the Turnage Theater did operate as an ongoing concern, they did book at least one Christmas show each year. In 2009, they booked, and I did attend "Christmas the Cowboy Way, featuring the Riders in the Sky.
I'll start my contribution to this series with one of the most beautiful spiritual songs . A musical version of the Catholic Rosary.
Like many, I first heard this song in 1963 when a popular folk group, Peter Paul and Mary, sang in on their album.
It is not an odd grouping at all; One about home, one about hope and one about peace, that about covers it for me.
I always like the old tunes of my youth, but I also like to see or hear contemporary musicians singing the old standards


Veterans Day is a festive celebration by those who returned, married, had kids, worked and retired. We are the one who have reunions and share photos and stories.


Back to Top