6/18/2020 Beaufort County, NC
Updates from our previous posting have been highlighted.
The following information is as of 8:30pm, and reflects changes over the past 48 hrs.
|Worldwide||7.6 Billion||8,453,080 (+170,561)||3,866,350 (+56,238)||452,520 (+6,263)||4,134,210 (+108,060)|
|USA||330 Million||2,187,876 (+30,108)||1,470,380 (+35,764)||118,381 (+759)||599,115 (+15,612)|
|NC||10.4 Million||48,188 (+1,254)||17,829 (+1,254)||1,175 (-6)||29,219|
|Beaufort Co.||47,000||56 (+1)||11||0||45 (+1)|
|*Text in red or green indicates changes since our last update.*|
Please Remember and Practice "The 3 Ws"
Wear Face Coverings
Wait 6' Apart
Wash Your Hands Often
Opening Beaufort County — A Message from Beaufort County's Health Department
- NC has total 48,188 confirmed cases, with 1,175 deaths. Our state currently has 17,829 active cases and 857 hospitalizations.
- Beaufort County has had a total of 56 cases, with 11 currently active. Eighteen (18) of our positive cases were asymptomatic. (Meaning they experienced no COVID-19 symptoms.) Contact tracing of these known cases have concluded:
- (30) cases are attributed to direct contact with another known positive case.
- (2) cases were related to travel to a known outbreak area.
- (22) cases are attributed to community spread.
- (3) cases are under investigation.
- All active cases are self-isolating.
- Our source for county specific data has not been updated since yesterday’s update.
- Eastern NC counties with total confirmed cases include: Bertie, (135), Beaufort (55), Bladen (214), Brunswick (268), Carteret (48), Camden (7), Chowan (19), Columbus (442), Craven (280), Currituck (16), Dare (27), Duplin (1,231), Edgecombe (256), Gates (25), Greene (128), Halifax (241), Hertford (152), Hyde (3), Jones (28), Lenoir (305), Martin (101), New Hanover (421), Northampton (171), Onslow (178), Pamlico (15), Pasquotank (147), Pender (145), Perquimans (30), Pitt (502) Sampson (791), Tyrrell (5), Washington (35), Wayne (1,540) and Wilson (540). Mecklenburg (7,563), Wake (3,249), and Durham (2,8041) counties have the most cases.
Beaufort County's Health Department has created a quick informational video that shares tips and safety measures to assist in the safe reopening of our local businesses. This video can be viewed using the following link:
We will continue to provide additional guidance as our state progresses through its tiered reopening plan.
Re-Opening Timeline / Guidelines
Below is a summary of our states plan for a phased reopening. Please note that these timelines / guidelines are subject to change based on case trends and / or additional executive orders.
Phase II (Will begin at 5pm Friday, 5/22 and continue through June 26, 2020)
Additional information about Phase II can be found using the following link:
Additional Business / Employer Guidance can also be found by using the following link:
- Lift the Stay-at-Home order. Restaurants and Personal Care Services must follow safety protocols including the potential need to reduce capacity (Bar & Fitness Centers will remain closed under Executive Order 141)
- Increase number of people allowed at gatherings
- Recommend face coverings in public spaces when 6 ft of distancing isn't possible.
The Governor and the N.C. Restaurant and Lodging Association also introduced Count on Me NC
, a free online training program to help restaurants, hotels, and other businesses learn the best ways to protect customers and employees from COVID-19, which can be found at: https://countonmenc.org/
Phase III (Could begin June 26, 2020 and July 12, 2020.)
- Increased capacity at Restaurants, Bars, Other Businesses, Houses of Worship & Entertainment Venues.
- Further increase the number of people allowed at gatherings.