10/29/2020 Beaufort County, NC
Updates from our previous posting have been highlighted.
The following information is as of 5pm.
|*Text in red or green indicates changes since our last update.*|
Beaufort County Statistics
- NC has had a total 269,021 confirmed cases, with 4,283 deaths. Our state currently has 33,240 active cases and 1,181 hospitalizations.
- Beaufort County has had a total of 1,423 cases, with 139 currently active, 9 of which are hospitalized.
- All active cases are self-isolating.
- Eastern NC counties with total confirmed cases include: Bertie, (729), Beaufort (1,423), Bladen (1,090), Brunswick (2,201), Carteret (1,149), Camden (137), Chowan (532), Columbus (1,714), Craven (2,369), Currituck (224), Dare (373), Duplin (2,812), Edgecombe (2,020), Gates (168), Greene (962), Halifax (1,434), Hertford (864), Hyde (175), Jones (201), Lenoir (1,470), Martin (647), New Hanover (5,305), Northampton (566), Onslow (3,394), Pamlico (323), Pasquotank (881), Pender (1,407), Perquimans (251), Pitt (6,196) Sampson (2,802), Tyrrell (132), Washington (253), Wayne (4,642) and Wilson (3,056). Mecklenburg (33,988), Wake (21,344), Guilford (11,581) and Durham (9,101) counties have the most cases.
Please use the following link for the latest statistics pertaining to Beaufort County cases:
Beaufort County NC COVID Surveillance
** This link can also be found on the Beaufort County Health Departmentís Webpage. **
Re-Opening Timeline / Guidelines
Phase 3 (Will continue through Nov. 13th)
Governor Cooper has announced that North Carolina will transition to Phase 3 beginning at 5pm Friday, 10/2. This change will allow for the following.
Please see the following Phase 3 guidance updates along with other resources:
NEW Phase 3 Guidance
- Large outdoor venues with over a 10,000-person capacity can open at 7% occupancy.
- Smaller outdoor venues can open at 30% capacity or 100 people, whichever is less.
- Outdoor amusement parks can open at 30% capacity.
- Movie theaters & conference centers (indoors) can open at 30% occupancy or 100 people, whichever is less.
- Bars can utilize outdoor areas at 30% occupancy or 100 people, whichever is less.
Phase 3 FAQs: https://www.nc.gov/covid-19/staying-ahead-curve/phase-3-faqs
NEW Phases graphic in Phase 3 guidance
PRESS RELEASES since the last update include:
- NCDHHS Interim Guidance for Meeting Rooms and Event Spaces — NEW
- NCDHHS Interim Guidance for Very Large Outdoor Venue Settings — NEW
- Interim Guidance for Indoor and Outdoor Small and Medium Size Venue Settings — NEW
- NCDHHS Interim Guidance for Movie Theaters and Indoor Gaming — NEW
- NCDHHS Interim Guidance for Bars and Outdoor Seating Areas in Bars — NEW
- NCDHHS Interim Guidance for Amusement Parks — NEW
- NCDHHS Interim Guidance for Places of Worship and Religious Services — UPDATED
- NCDHHS Interim General Guidance for Businesses and Organizations — UPDATED
- NCDHHS Interim Guidance for Fall-Related Events — UPDATED
- NCDHHS Interim Guidance for Museum and Aquariums — UPDATED
- NCDHHS Interim Guidance for Indoor Fitness Centers and Gyms Settings — UPDATED
NEW resources since the last update include:
- NCDHHS Announces New Partnership to Address Unmet Health Needs of Historically Marginalized Communities
- Governor Cooper Moves North Carolina to Phase 3 With Stable Numbers
- NC Medicaid Surpasses 1 Million Telehealth Visits Since Beginning of COVID-19 Pandemic
- NCDHHS Adds Antigen Test Information to COVID-19 Dashboard
- NCDHHS to Provide Extra Help Buying Food for More Than 600,000 Children
UPDATED guidance since the last update include:
- NEW resources have been added to the Non-Congregate Sheltering page
- NCDHHS Non-Congregate Sheltering Program Overview
- A Grower's Guide — Identifying Safe Housing for Farmworkers
- NEW 10 Actions for Faith Leaders web page
- UPDATED Flyers in SlowCOVIDNC communications toolkit
UPDATED reports since the last update include:
- UPDATED Youth Amateur Sports guidance
- NEW Guidance for Maternal Health and Pregnancy
- Secretarial Order 6 added; updates made to long-term care web page
- NEW Halloween Guidance
NEW EVENTS ADDED to the community testing events page
UPDATED Contact Tracing numbers
- CLI Surveillance report
- Outbreaks and Clusters reports
- Risk Factors for Severe Illness report
- Patients Presumed to be Recovered report