11/22/2020 Beaufort County, NC
Updates from our previous posting have been highlighted.
The following information is as of 3:30pm.
|*Text in red or green indicates changes since our last update.*|
Beaufort County Statistics
- NC has had a total 336,775 confirmed cases, with 5,034 deaths. Our state currently has 55,829 active cases and 1,571 hospitalizations.
- Beaufort County has had a total of 1,605 cases, with 116 currently active, 6 of which is hospitalized.
- All active cases are self-isolating.
- Eastern NC counties with total confirmed cases include: Bertie, (851), Beaufort (1,605), Bladen (1,265), Brunswick (2,768), Carteret (1,592), Camden (169), Chowan (586), Columbus (2,508), Craven (2,924), Currituck (307), Dare (590), Duplin (3,218), Edgecombe (2,404), Gates (197), Greene (1,146), Halifax (1,863), Hertford (941), Hyde (182), Jones (247), Lenoir (1,965), Martin (785), New Hanover (6,564), Northampton (761), Onslow (4,769), Pamlico (373), Pasquotank (1,022), Pender (1,800), Perquimans (312), Pitt (7,457) Sampson (3,421), Tyrrell (138), Washington (298), Wayne (5,476) and Wilson (3,796). Mecklenburg (40,754), Wake (26,464), Guilford (15,355), Forsyth (12,101) and Durham (10,743) counties have the most cases.
Please use the following link for the latest statistics pertaining to Beaufort County cases:
Beaufort County NC COVID Surveillance
** This link can also be found on the Beaufort County Health Departmentís Webpage. **
NC Community Spread Map
North Carolina health officials are utilizing a county alert system to pinpoint counties with the highest levels of COVID-19 spread. This new map uses metrics informed by the White House Coronavirus Task Force and North Carolina's key metrics to categorize counties into three tiers
- Yellow: Significant community spread
- Orange: Substantial community spread
- Red: Critical community spread
Health officials are using a mix of criteria to determine what tier is assigned to a county. According to the state, a county must meet the threshold of case rate for that tier and meet the threshold for either percent positive or hospital impact in that county.
Counties that do not meet criteria for orange or red tier are categorized as being in the yellow tier and should continue to be vigilant to prevent further spread of COVID-19
This map of North Carolina below shows which counties are in what tiers.
There is significant community spread.
These counties should continue to be vigilant to prevent further spread of COVID-19, but they do not meet orange or red criteria
There is substantial community spread.
These counties have a case rate that is between 101-200 new cases per capita in 14 days with at least 21 cases in 14 days.
The percent positive date is between 8% and 10%, or there is a moderate impact on county hospital(s).
There is critical community spread.
These counties have a case rate that is greater than 200 new cases per capita in 14 days with at least 42 cases in 14 days.
The percent positive date is greater than 10%, or there is a high impact on county hospital(s).
Re-Opening Timeline / Guidelines
Phase 3 (Will continue through Dec. 4th)
Governor Cooper has announced that North Carolina will remain in Phase 3 through Friday, 12/4. This continuation will also reduce indoor gatherings (social, community and family) from 25 people to 10. Additional information will be shared in forthcoming updates.
Frequently Asked Questions pertaining to this latest order can be found using the link below.