This post appears here courtesy of the The Daily Wire
. The author of this post is Ryan Saavedra
Democrat Rep. Rashida Tlaib (MI) effectively admitted on Wednesday that she only wears a mask when there are cameras around, which undercuts a number of public statements she has made about the importance of wearing masks.
The Washington Free Beacon reported:
The "Squad" member told attendees at the event that she only wore a mask because a "Republican tracker" was filming her. After doing an event with Housing and Urban Development (HUD) secretary Marcia Fudge on Monday, Tlaib conversed with a maskless attendee who mistakenly thought the Democrat scolded him for being "the one unmasked guy" in the area. Tlaib responded by insisting she only wore a mask because a "Republican tracker" was recording the exchange.
"Oh, no, oh, not you!
" Tlaib said as she pulled her mask down to talk. "No, no, no-I'm just wearing it because I've got a Republican tracker here.
Caught on Video: @RashidaTlaib Admits She Only Wears Mask for Cameras
"I'm just wearing it because I've got a Republican tracker here"
The conservative Heritage Foundation has documented several examples of Democrat politicians that they say were violating or appearing to violate their own coronavirus mandates, policies, or other restrictions.
Some recent examples include:
- Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-WA) - September 20, 2021: "Caught partying without a mask despite saying those who don't wear masks are acting 'cruelly' and guilty of 'selfish idiocy,' pushing fines for not masking."
- San Francisco Mayor London Breed (D) - September 15, 2021: "Parties maskless despite city ordinance requiring masks."
- Rep. Susan Lee (D-NV) - September 11, 2021: "Attends costume party in Las Vegas without a mask the day after mask mandate went into effect."
- Sen. Jacky Rosen (D-NV) - September 11, 2021: " Attends costume party in Las Vegas without a mask the day after mask mandate went into effect."
- Washington, D.C., Mayor Muriel Bowser - September 9, 2021: "Mayor Muriel Bowser meets with group indoors where no one is wearing masks despite her own mask mandate."
- Rep. Haley Stevens (D-MI) - September 3, 2021: "Holds wedding reception without masks despite state recommendations on masks/school mask mandates."
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) - August 28, 2021: "Caught not wearing mask in violation of New Mexico ordinance and contrary to her own tweets."
- Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) - August 10, 2021: "Dances maskless at a wedding after tweeting everyone should 'mask up,' attacking Sen. Rand Paul for virus comments."
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) - July 30, 2021: " Swears in new congressman without mask after implementing new mask mandate."
- Terry McAuliffe, Democrat gubernatorial candidate - July 29, 2021: "Seen in Amtrak station and on train without mask, in violation of Amtrak rules and his own support for mask mandates."
- Michigan Democrat Gov. Gretchen Whitmer - April 19, 2021: "Violates own order about social distancing and group size to go to bar with friends."
Regarding the latest incident involving Tlaib, critics mostly noted how Democrat lawmakers have appeared to only take certain pandemic precautions seriously when the cameras are around:
- Joe Gabriel Simonson, reporter: "They're laughing because the joke's once again on us."
- FreedomWorks: "CONFIRMED: Masks are a political theatre acted out by leftists."
- Karol Markowicz, columnist: "Open admission that they wear masks just for show."
- John Daniel Davidson, editor: "So the mask is just theater, in other words."
- Rep. Mark Green (R-TN): "Ya don't say!"
- Alan Cole, commentator: "This is the inevitable product of the 'shame people for not following the dumb rules' culture we've invented. If we just admit that outdoor masking is dumb, this can all go away! It's all a prison of our own making!"
- Julio N. Rausseo, commentator: "So this mean @RepRashida believes the mask are ineffective?"
- David Marcus, writer: "Huh. Guess my kid must have a Republican tracker at school, too."
The Daily Wire is one of America's fastest-growing conservative media companies and counter-cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member