9/8/2020 Beaufort County, NC
Updates from our previous posting have been highlighted.
The following information is as of 4:30pm.
|Worldwide||7.6 Billion||27,217,700 (+255,905)||8,159,257 (+99,717)||890,064 (+9,109)||18,168,379 (+147,379)|
|USA||330 Million||6,297,021 (+28,264)||3,791,912 (+14,133)||189,114 (+323)||2,315,995 (+13,808)|
|NC||10.4 Million||177,919 (+1,018)||29,333 (+1,018)||2,897 (+7)||145,884 |
|Beaufort Co.||47,000||756 (+6)||145 (-2)||10 ||601 (+8)|
|*Text in red or green indicates changes since our last update.*|
- NC has had a total 177,919 confirmed cases, with 2,897 deaths. Our state currently has 29,313 active cases and 765 hospitalizations.
- Beaufort County has had a total of 756 cases, with 143 currently active, 12 of which are currently hospitalized.
- All active cases are self-isolating.
- Eastern NC counties with total confirmed cases include: Bertie, (492), Beaufort (756), Bladen (763), Brunswick (1,434), Carteret (557), Camden (102), Chowan (252), Columbus (1,186), Craven (1,070), Currituck (122), Dare (254), Duplin (2,098), Edgecombe (1,073), Gates (101), Greene (458), Halifax (902), Hertford (595), Hyde (110), Jones (142), Lenoir (857), Martin (375), New Hanover (3,413), Northampton (353), Onslow (1,627), Pamlico (210), Pasquotank (602), Pender (809), Perquimans (151), Pitt (4,044) Sampson (1,675), Tyrrell (108), Washington (188), Wayne (2,926) and Wilson (1,852). Mecklenburg (26,301), Wake (15,819), and Durham (7,322) counties have the most cases.
Beaufort County Statistics
- There have been 12,411 tests completed in Beaufort County to date, with 11,503 negatives, 747 positives and 161 pending. (These are cumulative numbers and includes test performed at the Health Department and reporting private medical facilities throughout our county.) *Nine (9) of our positive cases were tested in other counties but are Beaufort Co. residents.*
- There were approximately 1,840 tests completed by reporting agencies in Beaufort County last week.
Please use the following link for the latest statistics pertaining to Beaufort County cases:
Beaufort County NC COVID Surveillance
** This link can also be found on the Beaufort County Health Departmentís Webpage. **
Re-Opening Timeline / Guidelines
Below is a summary of our states plan for a phased reopening. Please note that these timelines / guidelines are subject to change based on case trends and / or additional executive orders.
Phase 2.5 (Will begin at 5pm Friday, 9/4 and continue through 5pm Friday 10/2)
Governor Cooper has announced the easing of several restrictions beginning at 5pm Friday, 9/4. This change will allow for the reopening of the following.
- Gyms at 30% Capacity
- Museums & Aquariums at 50% Capacity
- Mass Gatherings are limited to 25 people indoors and 50 people outdoors.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions pertaining to this new order can be found at www.nc.gov/covid-19/staying-ahead-curve/phase-25-faqs
Restaurants and Personal Care Services must follow safety protocols including the potential need to reduce capacity. (Bar & Fitness Centers will remain closed under Executive Order 141)
Requires face coverings in public spaces when 6 ft of distancing isn't possible.
Additional information about Phase II can be found using the following link:
Additional Business / Employer Guidance can also be found by using the following link:
The Governor and the N.C. Restaurant and Lodging Association also introduced Count on Me NC
, a free online training program to help restaurants, hotels, and other businesses learn the best ways to protect customers and employees from COVID-19, which can be found at: https://countonmenc.org/
Phase III (Could begin Oct. 2nd, 2020)
- Increased capacity at Restaurants, Bars, Other Businesses, Houses of Worship & Entertainment Venues.
- Further increase the number of people allowed at gatherings.