This post appears here courtesy of the The Daily Wire
. The author of this post is Daily Wire News
President Joe Biden dodged questions late this week about whether he was going to run for re-election in 2024.
Mediaite reported that Biden ignored questions about whether he discussed the matter with his family as he was leaving a restaurant in downtown Christiansted on St. Croix.
Biden apparently quipped at reporters, jokingly asking, "There's an election coming up?"
a reporter responded.
"I didn't know that,"
Biden replied while smirking.
Biden traveled to St. Croix for a vacation late this week, reportedly staying for free at a luxury villa owned by billionaire Democrat donors Bill and Connie Neville.
The media coverage that Biden received for taking a vacation as millions of Americans suffered from a natural disaster was very different than the coverage that Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) received when he went on vacation last February as people in Texas faced power outages from a winter storm.
One of the worst hit areas was in Erie County, New York, where 34 people died amid heavy snowfall and dangerously cold temperatures. Hundreds of National Guard soldiers were deployed to deliver food to residents and check on their well-being. In all, at least 86 people were rescued "from hazardous situations,"
the National Guard said in a statement.
Political commentator Stephen L. Miller compiled a list of the difference in media coverage from the following publications over the two events:
NBC Bay Area:
- Biden - "President Joe Biden this week returns to St. Croix, one of his and first lady Jill Biden's beloved vacation spots, seeking a final opportunity for rest before what is expected to be a contentious 2023 and reelection run."
- Cruz - "Sen. Ted Cruz and his family flew to Cancun, Mexico, as a winter disaster in his home state of Texas left millions without power or water, according to photos posted on social media and confirmed to CNN by a person familiar with the travel itinerary."
- Biden - "President Biden is in St. Croix in the U.S. Virgin Islands to enjoy some downtime and warmer weather and to ring in the new year with family."
- Cruz - "Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas traveled to Mexico for a family vacation as his home state struggles with a winter weather crisis that has left many residents struggling without power, photos posted to social media appear to show."
The Associated Press:
- Biden - "President Biden traveled to a place very familiar to him - the U.S. Virgin Islands - to enjoy some downtime and warmer weather and to ring in a new year with family."
- Cruz - "BREAKING: Senator Ted Cruz travels to Cancun with family as Texas faces winter storm crisis."
- Biden - "President Joe Biden on Tuesday was headed to a place very familiar to him the U.S. Virgin Islands to enjoy some downtime and warmer weather and to ring in a new year with family."
- Cruz - "Texas Sen. Ted Cruz traveled to Mexico for a family vacation as his home state struggles with a weather crisis. a source tells AP. The high-profile Republican was expected to return immediately, according to the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity."