Publisher's note: The author of this post is Mitch Kokai for the John Locke Foundation.
of the American Thinker explores
one potential consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic. It's bad news for those touting catastrophic computer models.
- We have learned the hard way that the scientists who produce mathematical models predicting disaster are not to be granted the presumption of infallibility. Nor are their demands that we impoverish ourselves in order to aver a disaster a matter of "settled science." The Coronavirus doom that the Cassandras of prestigious scientific organs predicted is nowhere to be found, and it turns out that models are based on assumptions, and can be spectacularly wrong.
- Americans have sacrificed trillions of dollars and turned our lives upside down based on predictions of millions of deaths if we didn't follow radically change our way of life, based on the pandemic predictions of modelers in the UK and USA.
- How embarrassing for the modelers that tell us we have to make even deeper sacrifices for a global warming disaster that is decades away, if it ever develops. You can smell their panic in this planned propaganda blitz from the Olympian heights of the media establishment. Chris White of the Daily Caller News Foundation writes:
- "A project co-founded by the Columbia Journalism Review is asking hundreds of news outlets to focus their reporting on climate change on Earth Day as journalists focus primarily on coronavirus coverage.
- "The journalist heading the effort believes the media should be devoting the same level of attention to global warming as they do to a virus that has killed more than 100,000 people worldwide. ..."
- ... Paraphrasing the Wizard of Oz, "Pay no attention to the modeler behind that curtain!"
- But that's not going to happen, no matter how much propaganda is put out predicting doom. People are righteously angry over paying a huge price because some boffins with computer models overemphasized risks.
Follow Carolina Journal Online's continuing coverage of the COVID-19 pandemic HERE