- The NC Department of Transportation and the NC Department of Health and Human Services today announced that approximately $2.5 million in Coronavirus Relief Funding is being distributed to local transit agencies across the state to help pay for rides for individuals who need transportation assistance to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. Read more HERE.
- Anyone who has symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested. If you are sick, use the Check My Symptoms tool to help you determine if you need a COVID-19 test. People who do not have symptoms but may have been exposed to COVID-19 should also get tested, especially people from historically marginalized communities, including Latinx/Hispanic, Black/African American and American Indian Populations, who have been disproportionately affected by the virus.
- North Carolina has upcoming testing events scheduled in Alamance, Beaufort, Bertie, Bladen, Cabarrus, Caswell, Chatham, Chowan, Cumberland, Davie, Durham, Edgecombe, Forsyth, Gaston, Gates, Greene, Guilford, Hertford, Hoke, Iredell, Johnston, Lincoln, Madison, Martin, Mecklenburg, Montgomery, Onslow, Orange, Pender, Randolph, Richmond, Robeson, Stanly, Surry, Wake and Yadkin counties. For an up-to-date list of events, visit the Community Testing Events webpage. Many events offer testing at no cost. For more details about a specific event, call ahead before you go for a test.
- North Carolina COVID-19 testing is also provided at some local health departments, doctor and clinician offices, hospitals and clinics, many pharmacy sites and retail outlets, and other community locations. Some people who work in long-term care facilities and other high-risk settings may be tested through their work. You can find testing sites by using the Find My Testing Place tool online.
- NCDHHS announced that Legal Aid of North Carolina will provide Medicaid Managed Care Ombudsman services for the state's Medicaid beneficiaries. Read more HERE.
- NCDHHS has a new short video encouraging all North Carolinians over the age of 65 to receive their COVID-19 vaccination. The video is also available with Spanish captions. For more information, visit HERE.
For a full list of the department's videos on COVID-19, go to the NCDHHS COVID-19 YouTube Channel
- NC Department of Health and Human Services
- 2001 Mail Service Center
- Raleigh, NC 27699-2001
- Ph: (919) 855-4840