Publisher's Note: This older, but yet to be published post is finally being presented now as an archivable history of the current events of these days that will become the real history of tomorrow.
This post appears here courtesy of the The Daily Wire
. The author of this post is Daily Wire News
NBA basketball player LeBron James was mocked online following his decision to mock Kyle Rittenhouse on Wednesday after Rittenhouse cried while testifying in court.
"What tears????? I didn't see one,"
James tweeted. "Man knock it off! That boy ate some lemon heads before walking into court."
Notable responses to James' tweet included:
Ben Shapiro, The Daily Wire: "Lebron, great defender of the Chinese government's tyranny, also happens to be an unparalleled dumpster fire in the field of criminal justice."
Stephen Miller, political commentator: "He's crying because he had to shoot someone and take a life in self defense. You cried because you got a cramp."
Rita Panahi, Australian political commentator: "Figured out what's happening in Hong Kong yet? Or to the Uyghurs in Chinese concentration camps? Didn't think so."
The Daily Wire reported earlier on Wednesday:
Testifying on the stand Wednesday, Kyle Rittenhouse, 18, broke down into sobs while recalling the fatal shooting of Joseph Rosenbaum. Rittenhouse, detailing the moments before he fired on Rosenbaum recalled Rosenbaum yelling "burn in hell" to him before Rittenhouse yelled "friendly, friendly, friendly!" in an attempt to calm Rosenbaum. But he was chased.
Rittenhouse described feeling "trapped" by Rosenbaum and another man, identified during the trial as Joshua Ziminski, who fired his pistol in the air. The teen said the man had the pistol pointed at him during the incident. Before describing his actions to fire, Rittenhouse sobbed uncontrollably and a ten minute recess was called.
Other top responses to James' tweet included:
- Mike Cernovich, political commentator: "Did you ever find those people who vandalized your gate, which was on camera, but you never posted the video for some reason?"
- Allie Beth Stuckey, podcast host: "You're a genuinely terrible and unintelligent person."
- Benjamin Weingarten, author: "I don't want to get into a word or sentence feud with King James, but I believe he wasn't educated on the situation at hand."
- Curtis Houck, NewsBusters: "You're a coward. Oh, and would you be saying this if he weren't white? Or if he held the same political views as you did?"
- Larry O'Connor, radio host: "You get rich selling shoes made by SLAVES."
- Maxim Lott, political commentator: "Yeesh. Didn't have a strong take on this Lebron guy before he mocked an innocent kid facing political prosecution. I guess I now recall that he also says whatever the Chinese government wants him to."
- Gad Saad, professor: "This guy @KingJames is the @joebiden of the @NBA . He is wrong on every possible issue. It's unreal."
- Clay Travis, sports commentator: "Hey @KingJames since you have time to make fun of a teenager in court, surely you have the time to announce you support human rights in China, right? I'd hate for you to keep shutting up and dribbling for Chairman Xi."
- Frank Fleming, The Babylon Bee: "It should give you pause if you're ever on the same side as this guy, one of the most consistently morally awful people."