Effective December 4, 2020, the following operational changes are being implemented at the Yeatesville solid waste collection site located at 16954 US 264 Hwy E, Washington, NC 27889. These changes are necessary to maintain the safety of users of the site and will remain in effect until further notice.
- No vehicles are allowed on the metal platform. Users may back their vehicles up to where the raised metal platform begins, if desired.
- Foot traffic is allowed on the platform to dispose of household waste and bulk waste in the containers.
- Yard waste will continue to be collected; however, a smaller container will allow for ground level disposal.
- There will be no changes regarding the collection of white goods/metal, cardboard, or used oil.
Users desiring to dispose of yard waste from an elevated position may visit one of the collection sites listed below:
- Five Points: 847 Ambrose Rd, Pinetown, NC 27865
- River Road: 1057 Magnolia School Rd, Washington, NC 27889
- Pantego: 730 Beech Ridge Rd, Belhaven, NC 27810
Beaufort County will work closely with Republic Services to ensure that the increased yard waste disposal demand is accommodated at these sites.
- Katie Mosher, CMC, NCCCC
- Clerk to the Board
- Beaufort County
- Ph: 252-946-0079, Ext. 1010