Good Afternoon Everyone,
Our office continues to monitor the cold front currently moving across our area. Please see the email below and attached briefing from the National Weather Service for the latest update
As always, thank you all for what you do to keep Beaufort County prepared and safe.
Deputy Director, Beaufort County Emergency Services
1420 Highland Dr
Washington, NC 27889
- Good afternoon,
- Our forecast remains on track with no major changes to the previous forecast.
- Tonight, rain will begin mixing in with snow for areas along and west of Hwy 17, mainly after 10pm. A few locations could see a brief changeover to all snow. Due to warm ground temperatures and short duration, little to no impacts are expected. Total amounts of less than a half of an inch are possible with accumulations mainly limited to grassy surfaces.
- Coastal Flood Advisories remain in effect for locations shaded in orange on the attached graphic. Minor soundside coastal flooding up to 1 foot is possible.
- This is our final 1 page briefing for this event with no subsequent updates expected.
- Best regards,
- NWS Morehead City
- NOAA - National Weather Service
- Newport/Morehead City, NC Weather Forecast Office