Michigan School Shooter’s Mom Admits To Sending ‘Don’t Do It’ Text, Says It Didn’t Relate To Shooting | Beaufort County Now | The mother of the suspect involved in the Michigan high school shooting late last month admitted that she sent her son a text that said “don’t do it,” but lawyers for the suspect’s parents insist she was referring to him committing suicide.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
    Publisher's Note: This older, but yet to be published post is finally being presented now as an archivable history of the current events of these days that will become the real history of tomorrow.

Publisher's Note: This post appears here courtesy of the The Daily Wire. The author of this post is Ashe Schow.

    The mother of the suspect involved in the Michigan high school shooting late last month admitted that she sent her son a text that said "don't do it," but lawyers for the suspect's parents insist she was referring to him committing suicide.

    Fox News reported that the parents' defense attorneys Shannon Smith and co-counsel Mariell Lehman wrote in a court filing that the parents, "like every parent and community member, are devastated by the school shooting," and that the "last thing they expected was that a school shooting would take place, or that their son would be responsible."

    Neither the parents nor the suspect are being named per Daily Wire policy.

    The suspected shooter's mom sent a text to her son on the day of the shooting urging him not to "do it," the parents' attorney said, but added that the mother was sending that text pleading with her son not to commit suicide after the shooting had already occurred.

    Oakland County, Michigan, prosecutor Karen McDonald had mentioned the text during a hearing on the case, Fox reported.

    "After the active shooting announcement went out, [the mother] texted her son, [redacted], 'Don't do it.' And [the father] went to his home purposely to search for this weapon because he was afraid his son had the weapon and was in fact shooting people and hurting them, which, as we know, is exactly what happened," McDonald said.

    As The Daily Wire previously reported, the suspect entered Oxford High School on November 30 and went on to shoot multiple students, killing four and injuring seven others, including a teacher. The suspect used a handgun that his father had just bought him as an early Christmas present on Black Friday.

    The suspect's parents were arrested after an active search, and face their own criminal charges.

    The Daily Wire reported that at least two lawsuits have been filed by survivors of the shooting, who are seeking $100 million each. Detroit's WXYZ-TV reported:

    The lawsuits have been filed by Attorney Geoffrey Fieger on behalf of a student who was shot in the neck and her sister, who was with her when she was shot.

    On top of the district, those in the lawsuit include the district superintendent, the Oxford High School principal, dean of students, two counselors, two teachers and a staff member.


    The Daily Wire previously reported that the alleged shooter likely had the handgun in his backpack during a meeting with teachers and parents just hours before the shooting:

    McDonald told CNN on Thursday that there was a "very strong possibility" the suspect was already carrying the weapon during a meeting with his parents and school officials earlier in the day before the shooting.

    "I think that it's already been public that he did have the weapon. During COVID, they don't use lockers, so they just have backpacks," McDonald said.

    "And unfortunately, he was allowed to get back to class. And we now know he had a weapon with him at that time. And that is simply tragic," she added.


    The Daily Wire is one of America's fastest-growing conservative media companies and counter-cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member.
Go Back

HbAD0

Latest Op-Ed & Politics

new Biden Dept, of Agriculture reg - will Beaufort County schools knuckle under?
bills to prohibit biological men participating in womens sports advance
Following the failed vote on pro-abortion legislation proposed by Democrats, Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio Cortez has issued a statement that democracy has failed and that our nation may never recover.
Several employees who worked at the Mayfield, Kentucky, candle factor that was destroyed by Friday night’s tornadoes said they were told they would be fired if they left their shifts early.

HbAD1

Super-model Gisele Bündchen, wife of NFL legend Tom Brady, revealed how she was traumatized at the age of 18 when she was made to wear a breast-baring outfit at a fashion show.
The Monkeypox pandemic has finally breached the shores of the United States, with the CDC confirming a staggering 1 infections so far.
The Department of Justice (DOJ) Office of the Inspector General (OIG) said in a report on Tuesday that numerous FBI officials had sex with prostitutes while overseas and that most of them lied to investigators when confronted about the allegations.
62% say they would take up arms to fight while 12% said they would not
fewer deaths per 100,000 than most of Europe
The North Carolina General Assembly convened the 2022 short session Wednesday, May 18 after the longest long session in state history concluded in March.

HbAD2

A small clique is trying to control the local GOP and circumvent the duly elected Executive Committee

HbAD3

 
Back to Top