- The North Carolina Fraternal Order of Police has endorsed Ted Budd for US Senate. The NC Fraternal Order of Police is a non-partisan organization comprised of more than 6,000 law enforcement officers and fifty local lodges across the state.
"We interviewed Ms. Beasley and Mr. Budd and carefully reviewed their records and their responses to our questions. After careful consideration, our non-partisan organization believes Ted Budd best represents what law enforcement officers need in the US Senate and we are endorsing Ted Budd for the US Senate,"
NCFOP President Randy Hagler stated. "Throughout his career, Ted has consistently represented the best interests of law enforcement. Ted Budd has taken the time to speak with law enforcement officers across North Carolina in an effort to partner with NC peace officers. We firmly believe Ted Budd will have the safe keeping of our communities as one of his top priorities as our next US Senator."
Ted has also been endorsed by the NC Troopers Association and the NC Police Benevolent Association. With the NCFOP endorsement, Ted Budd has earned the support of the three largest statewide law enforcement organizations.
"I am honored to have the support of the North Carolina Fraternal Order of Police,"
said Ted Budd. "These brave men and women are on the front lines of protecting our communities every day and they deserve our full support. It's hard to believe that some people think Defunding the Police is a good idea because we all know that's a stupid idea. Cheri Beasley might prefer to enrich her campaign with Defund the Police supporters, but I prefer to partner with law enforcement officers across North Carolina. North Carolina law enforcement priorities will always be a top priority for me."
- Cheri Beasley partnered with the top Defund the Police supporter in Congress to raise money for her campaign.
- Cheri Beasley has been endorsed by some of these law enforcement organizations in previous campaigns and actively sought their endorsement this year. They know her and are very familiar with her record but rejected Beasley because these non-partisan organizations believe Ted Budd is the better choice to ensure law enforcement officers are supported to best handle the rising crime across the country.
- All these organizations endorsed Democrats and Republicans in other races. It's a tale of fiction if anyone tells you these organizations endorsed Ted Budd because they lean Republican. They endorsed Ted Budd because he's better on their issues and they believe Cheri Beasley is soft on crime.
- The only law enforcement officials who have suggested Cheri Beasley is tough on crime are individual, partisan, Democrat Sheriffs, many of which who refuse to work with federal immigration enforcement authorities.
- The broad support of Ted Budd for US Senate by NC law enforcement organizations and their rejection of Cheri Beasley will never get the over-the-top-soft-wet-kiss of reporting from Axios-Raleigh that Cheri Beasley does when she pretends to be tough on crime in Durham when she's hanging out with Durham's anti-ICE Sheriff.