Cunningham Falsely Claims He Skipped WLOS Debate Because It Was “Short Notice” and “Conflicted” With His Schedule | Beaufort County Now | Cunningham’s Public Schedule Does Not List Any Event Conflicts | NCGOP, cal cunningham, WLOS debate, public schedule, july 30, 2020

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Cunningham Falsely Claims He Skipped WLOS Debate Because It Was “Short Notice” and “Conflicted” With His Schedule

Press Release:

    Raleigh, NC     During an interview with WRAL's David Crabtree that aired last night, Cal Cunningham said the reason he ducked a debate with WLOS-Asheville was because it was "a very short notice invitation that conflicted" with his schedule.

    First off, WLOS' debate invite (see below) was sent to each Senate campaign on July 6th and offered two potential date options — July 24th and July 31st. Unless what Cunningham meant by a "conflict" was his virtual fundraiser with a left wing, out of state group that he participated in last week, the reality is that he did not have an in-person event on his public schedule that would prevent him from attending the WLOS debate last Friday (July 24th). The same is true for this coming Friday (July 31).

    NCGOP Spokesman Tim Wigginton said in response, "Cal Cunningham is so afraid to discuss his record of tax hikes and Paycheck Protection Program hypocrisy that he is making up false excuses for not debating Senator Tillis. It's time for Cunningham to stop hiding behind slick campaign ads from outside groups, come out of Chuck Schumer's windowless basement and honor his pledge to debate Senator Tillis five times."

    Cunningham agreed to debate Senator Tillis five times back in January. The Tillis campaign has moved commitments multiple times to get debates scheduled. They believe that debates are the safest way to provide the opportunity for the voters to get to actually hear from the candidates in light of COVID-19.


  • Contact: Tim Wigginton
  •     communications@ncgop.org



HbAD0

Latest Bloodless Warfare: Politics

North Carolina Republican Party Chairman Michael Whatley released the following statement in response to the impeachment vote in the House of Representatives
In 2021, county boards of elections across North Carolina will conduct several important and required processes designed to keep the state’s voter rolls accurate and up to date.
Governor Roy Cooper has mobilized approximately 550 North Carolina National Guardsmen to assist with upcoming security needs in Washington, DC and North Carolina.
Governor Roy Cooper has named retired Lieutenant General Walter Gaskin to lead the North Carolina Department of Military and Veterans Affairs.
State Representative Keith Kidwell was officially sworn-in and seated on the House floor today to serve the people of House District 79, which includes Beaufort and Craven counties.
Governor Roy Cooper today announced two judicial appointments, one to the North Carolina Superior Court and one to the North Carolina District Court.
Transitions are a time for reflection, and a time for looking forward.
The Governor commended North Carolinians for their resiliency over the past four years, discussed moving forward as a unified state in Inaugural address

HbAD1

The front yard of the Executive Mansion was transformed into an outdoor sound stage for the ceremony.
Today, Governor Roy Cooper announced new appointments to boards and commissions across North Carolina.
The Governor and Council of State will take their oaths of office in a program on January 9th at 10AM
Congressman Greg Murphy, M.D. (NC-03) released the following statement after being officially sworn into the U.S. House of Representatives for the 117th Congress.
Governor Roy Cooper today commented after a state Court of Appeals ruling in the M.E. v T.J. case that concerns whether individuals in a same-sex relationship can use Domestic Violence Protection Orders under state law to protect themselves from abusive partners.

HbAD2

Today, Governor Roy Cooper signed Executive Order 184, extending North Carolina’s evictions moratorium through January 31, 2021.
Today, Governor Roy Cooper appointed left wing political hack Darren Jackson to fill conservative jurist Phil Berger’s seat on the North Carolina Court of Appeals following his election to the Supreme Court.
No individual or political committee may contribute more than $5,600 to a candidate committee or political committee in any election.
Today, Governor Roy Cooper announced that he has appointed North Carolina State Representative Darren Jackson to a seat on the North Carolina Court of Appeals.
Governor Roy Cooper shared the following comment following the passing of former Senate President Pro Tem Marc Basnight
North Carolina’s evictions moratorium will be extended through at least January 31

HbAD3

 
Back to Top