"Under Operation Warp Speed, we’ve shaved years off of the time that it takes to develop a vaccine and we’ve done it while maintaining the FDA gold standard for safety."
— President Donald J. Trump
ACCELERATING VACCINE PROGRESS: Through Operation Warp Speed, President Donald J. Trump and his Administration are partnering with the private sector to deliver a safe and effective vaccine as soon as possible.
DELIVERING VACCINES AND TREATMENTS: Operation Warp Speed is a once-in-a-generation effort to ensure Americans have access to a COVID-19 vaccine.
- With the Trump Administration's assistance, Operation Warp Speed's private sector partners are working to rapidly develop a safe and effective vaccine for COVID-19.
- President Trump and his Administration are selecting the most promising vaccine candidates and providing Government support to accelerate their development.
- The Federal Government has already invested over $12 billion in 6 vaccine candidates, representing multiple pathways toward inducing effective immunity to COVID 19.
- Agreements with companies including Moderna, Sanofi, GlaxoSmithKline, and Johnson & Johnson will secure hundreds of millions of vaccine doses so vaccines can be available to Americans as quickly as they are approved.
- The Trump Administration has also invested billions to dramatically increase the ability of companies to manufacture an eventual vaccine on a massive scale.
- To aid distribution, the Trump Administration has partnered with companies like Corning and SiO2 Materials Science to increase production of vials, needles and syringes, and more.
SPURRING SCIENTIFIC INNOVATION: President Trump has unleashed the power of American innovation and ingenuity in order to fight COVID-19.
- In May, President Trump launched Operation Warp Speed, a groundbreaking partnership between the Federal Government, scientific community, and private sector to quickly develop and deliver a safe and effective vaccine and therapeutics.
- Concurrently, the Operation is also directing a colossal industrial mobilization to facilitate the rapid delivery of an eventual safe vaccine, including manufacturing in parallel with late stage clinical trials.
- The project is on track to rapidly produce 100 million doses as soon as a vaccine is approved - and up to 500 million shortly after.
- President Trump is committed to making the resulting vaccine accessible and affordable to the American public.
You can visit a collection of all White House posts by clicking here.
- President Trump is partnering with American scientists and innovators to accelerate the development of tests, including point of care rapid tests, therapeutics, and a vaccine.
- Already, three vaccine candidates are in phase 3 clinical trials, with more following closely behind.
- Over 140 clinical trials for therapeutics are underway, and effective therapies have already been developed and widely delivered, including remdesivir.
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) launched its Coronavirus Treatment Acceleration Program to accelerate the development of new treatments for COVID-19 patients.
- The FDA has also authorized more than 200 tests under emergency authorities, including nearly 170 molecular tests, nearly 40 antibody tests, and 2 antigen tests.