This post appears here courtesy of the John Locke Foundation
. The author of this post is Mitch Kokai
of the American Thinker tackles
the "hoax" surrounding alleged anti-military comments from President Trump.
- On Thursday, The Atlantic published an article that used anonymous sources to claim that President Trump repeatedly disparaged American troops, both living and dead. By Friday morning, Democrats were weaponizing the article to cover for Biden's serious problems with the military: His support for the Iraq War, and the way the Obama administration weakened the military. Trump, however, revitalized the military and fought for the troops.
- The article's primary allegations are that Trump refused to visit a WWI cemetery because of his hair, said the Marines who died taking Belleau Wood were "suckers" and "losers," and drew back in revulsion from troops who lost limbs. Every assertion is false. People with first-hand information who were willing to go on the record exposed how terribly The Atlantic lied about Trump. ...
- ... Friday's events show that, for The Atlantic, the truth was irrelevant. Democrats needed the story to help Biden get past some problem issues he has with the military — mainly, that the Obama administration gutted the military, started unnecessary wars, and failed to protect the troops. Trump, on the other hand, has restored the military's might, started no new wars, brought many troops home, and killed Qassem Soleimani, a terrorist who murdered American troops. ...
- ... More importantly, by making Trump appear anti-military, Biden could gloss over the fact that he enthusiastically supported the Iraq War, something that Trump opposed, and then squandered the victory — two things that most Americans now see as terrible mistakes, in terms of both blood and gold.
- Biden's pro-military rap also covered for the Obama administration's turning the military into a social justice experiment, defunding it, overusing it, and not protecting it. ...
- ... The fact is that the truth was never important. All that was important was to get the story out there to help Biden hide the military-related uglies in his past.