Shell Oil Becomes Latest To Suspend Shipping Through Red Sea Because Of Houthi Attacks | Eastern NC Now

The Shell oil company, one of the largest oil companies in the world, has announced it is suspending all shipments through the Red Sea indefinitely because of the attacks from the terrorist Houthis from Yemen.

ENCNow
    Publisher's Note: This post appears here courtesy of the The Daily Wire. The author of this post is Hank Berrien.

    The Shell oil company, one of the largest oil companies in the world, has announced it is suspending all shipments through the Red Sea indefinitely because of the attacks from the terrorist Houthis from Yemen.

    In December, a Shell-chartered tanker was attacked by Houthi boats. The British-based company joins British Petroleum, which stated last month it would suspend its ships sailing through the Red Sea. That followed other companies, including A.P. Moller-Maersk, Hapag-Lloyd, MSC, and CMA CGM, diverting their ships.

    Roughly 12% of total global seaborne oil trade is transported through the Red Sea, The Wall Street Journal noted, adding, "Tanker owners said after the U.S.-led strike that a number of captains of chartered vessels heading for Europe via the Suez Canal have refused to enter the Red Sea, forcing them to sail through a lengthy route around Southern Africa."

    "The United Kingdom and the United States, with support from The Netherlands, Canada, Bahrain, and Australia, have carried out targeted strikes on Houthi military targets in Yemen," Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs and Former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom David Cameron said last Friday. He continued:

    Freedom of navigation across international lanes in the Red Sea must be protected. And this is why we're taking action. It is necessary, legal, proportionate, and right. The U.K. along with the U.S. and other allies, including the United Nations Security Council, have repeatedly made clear that these illegal Houthi attacks are completely unacceptable. There have been warning after warning, but the attacks have continued, including most recently the attack involving our own ship, HMS Diamond, which included 18 drones and a number of missiles, and was one of the biggest to date. ... The Houthis should be clear that we are serious when we say these actions against U.K. and other ships are unacceptable. And it's right that we've taken this action.

    Last Friday, Houthi leader Mohammed Ali al-Houthi spoke at a rally in San'a's Sabeen Square, telling the cheering throng, "America is the devil. America is your enemy. America is terrorism."

    On Tuesday, Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei praised the Houthis attacks on maritime shipping, saying, "We hope, God willing, that these struggles, this resistance, and those actions will continue until victory is achieved."

poll#211
26 days after the October 7th Terror attacks on Israel, where over 1400 Jewish men, women and children were gruesomely murdered, and hundreds more made hostage: Should the Biden /Harris administration finally state that the administration's primary Middle East negotiating partner, Iran, is behind the funding and strategy of the aggressors, the Hamas Terrorists, or continue to take the more moderate position of "Don't," which is clearly not working?
  Yes, name Iran as the funding /strategy culprit, and begin to enforce the President Trump era sanctions to END Iran's ability to prosecute this war against Israel and the United States.
  No, Iran is a valuable partner in the motives of the Biden / Harris administration, and must not be named as the culprit and our enemy.
  I have larger concerns just to survive in this economy.
356 total vote(s)     What's your Opinion?


poll#209
In the minds of many, since January 20, 2021, the World has become far less safe in every theater of conflict, beginning with the attack of Israel by Iran /Hamas, so the question becomes: What caused this Worldwide calamity of extreme geopolitical dysfunction, and what will correct it?
  Joe Biden is the cause of this frightening Worldwide situation, and it will end when a Republican is elected president.
  This delayed Worldwide dysfunction and constant conflict is all Donald Trump's fault, as it is with everything that occurs going forward, and long before the man ever became the 45th president..
  Joe Biden is the "root cause" of this frightening Worldwide situation, and it will end when former President Donald John Trump is elected president.
  In the imitable words of Alfred E. Newman: "What, me worry?"
445 total vote(s)     What's your Opinion?

Go Back

HbAD0

Latest State and Federal

A new poll data points to continuing trend among the next generation of the left.
Trump administration policies are bringing the country back from the brink of an uncontrolled influx of illegal immigrants.
Ozturk's detention became a flashpoint in President Trump's mass deportation campaign.
“President Trump has always been clear about short-term disruptions as a result of Operation Epic Fury."
Cheryl Hines. Dennis Quaid. Nicki Minaj. All became associated with the Trump administration. What happened next?

HbAD1

A federal grand jury in North Carolina has indicted former FBI Director James Comey on two charges related to making threats against President Donald Trump.
Their goal was simple: to put a Planned Parenthood in every mailbox in America.
Treasury officials allege these groups pose as humanitarian entities while covertly siphoning donations to Hamas.
President Donald Trump has publicly floated regime change and other aggressive actions toward Cuba.
With a new roadside plaque unveiled in Ellerbe on April 23, legendary wrestler and local resident André René Roussimoff is finally getting the formal recognition fans believe he deserves.
Following a string of attacks, critics are calling for denaturalizations. It's not that simple.

HbAD2

The solution is not to legalize the problem; it is to enforce the law consistently and deter future illegal immigration.

HbAD3

 
 
Back to Top