WASHINGTON, D.C. Today, Senator Thom Tillis (R-NC) announced that Kim Canady Barnes will serve as his next State Director and Luke Blanchat will serve as his Deputy State Director.
Barnes will be replacing current State Director Jordan Shaw, who was recently named as Executive Vice President for the consulting firm OnMessage Inc.
Barnes has served as Senator Tillis' Deputy State Director since he took office in 2015, and has managed the Senator's regional office in Raleigh, responsible for overseeing casework and correspondence with federal agencies to assist North Carolinians.
Blanchat has served as Senator Tillis' Director of Economic Development, based out of the Senator's regional office in Charlotte. Blanchat previously served as Senator Tillis' special adviser in his Washington, D.C. office.
Since Tillis took office in 2015, he has made constituent services among his top priorities, hiring a dedicated and experienced staff. His regional field offices across the state have closed more than 10,000 cases for North Carolinians in less than three years. Tillis' constituent advocates have expertise in specialized areas and provide assistance to North Carolinians dealing with a wide range of federal agencies, including the VA, the Social Security Administration, the IRS, the Department of Health and Human Services, and the Citizenship and Immigration Services, among others.
Regarding the personnel announcement, Senator Tillis said:
Senator Tillis' Constituent Services
- "Jordan Shaw has been a top advisor to me for many years, including at the capitol in Raleigh and in my Senate office, where he has been instrumental in building one of Congress' best constituent services teams. He is smart and quick, down to earth, and above all else a good person. I'm proud to consider him a friend, and I know he will succeed in his next endeavor."
- "Kim Barnes has led an outstanding constituent services operation in my Raleigh office, and as State Director I know she will work with Luke Blanchat and the rest of our dedicated team to ensure that all North Carolinians continue to receive unparalleled service when they contact my office in need of help with a federal agency."
Any North Carolinian who is experiencing issues with a federal agency or department is encouraged to contact Senator Tillis and his staff by calling one of his regional offices or by emailing him through his website.
- Charlotte Office: (704) 509-9087
- Greenville Office: (252) 329-0371
- Hendersonville Office: (828) 693-8750
- High Point Office: (336) 885-0685
- Raleigh Office: (919) 856-4630
- Contact: Daniel Keylin