"To defend American Workers and Families from every walk of life, my Administration has undertaken an unprecedented effort to secure the Southern Border of the United States."
— President Donald J. Trump
SECURING OUR BORDER: President Donald J. Trump is continuing to safeguard America's borders from uncontrolled migration, dangerous criminals, and lethal drugs.
SAVING AMERICAN LIVES: President Trump is committed to stopping the flow of criminal aliens and deadly drugs across the border and into our communities.
- President Trump has taken action to end catch and release and stop the surge of migrants flooding to our border.
- The President secured historic cooperation agreements with the Governments of Mexico, Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala to control migration flows.
- At President Trump's urging, Mexico enhanced its border security efforts and deployed thousands of troops to address this crisis.
- The border wall is being built as promised-with more than 100 miles of wall constructed and much more to come.
- As a result of President Trump's efforts, illegal immigration has plummeted in recent months.
- Border apprehensions at the southern border have dropped by 75% since May of last year-the height of the border crisis.
- Apprehensions have declined for 8 consecutive months.
REFORMING OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM TO PUT AMERICA FIRST: President Trump wants a merit-based immigration system that protects American workers and serves the national interest.
- President Trump has empowered the brave men and women of immigration law enforcement and given them the tools they need to keep our country safe.
- Last year, the heroic men and women of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) arrested more than 120,000 criminal aliens.
- These criminals were responsible for nearly 2,000 homicides, more than 5,000 sexual assaults, more than 10,000 burglaries, and more than 45,000 assaults.
- President Trump is standing up to "sanctuary" states and localities who harbor and protect criminal illegal aliens.
- The United States should be a sanctuary for law-abiding American citizens, not criminal aliens.
- President Trump is calling on Congress to pass the Justice for Victims of Sanctuary Cities Act.
- This critical legislation enables victims of open borders to sue the radical and lawless jurisdictions responsible for the harm inflicted.
You can visit a collection of all White House posts by clicking here.
- The Administration is working to propose legislation that would replace our randomized system of legal immigration with one based on skill and merit.
- President Trump is committed to restoring integrity to our immigration system.
- President Trump is also calling on Congress to finally pass voter I.D. legislation to protect our elections.