Beaufort County Community College's Division of Continuing Education has classes to help you express your artistic inclinations. Call 252-940-6375 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up. You can also register and pay online at https://www.beaufortccc.edu/continuing-education/general-information/registration
Masterpiece Painting Workshops
Instructor Terry Hardison has many years as a public school art teacher and painting instructor, and she will be facilitating these workshops to give students foundational painting skills and a love of painting for fun. In each session, Hardison will employ a follow the leader style of teaching. Students will learn many painting techniques and everyone will complete an 11" X 14" acrylic painting on stretched canvas, to take home and proudly admire. All supplies are included and no experience is necessary. These classes are $35 each, take place on Tuesdays at 1:00 p.m. They can be taken individually, or participants can sign up for multiple classes.
Stained Glass Workshops
- Where Love Lives (whimsical architecture, line variation) on February 1.
- Mixed Media Hearts (textured paper, triptych color scheme, bold shapes) on February 15.
- March Moon, Crescent Moon (resist technique, deep red backdrop sky) on March 1.
- March Moon, Blue Moon (using complimentary colors to create contrast) on Mar. 15.
- March Moon, Blood Moon (using primary and secondary colors) on March 29.
- Fun Flower for Spring (up close view, creating whimsicality) on April 5.
Sunlight streaming through colored glass makes any room cheerful. Instructor Carol Roop of Captain's Quarters Stained Glass brings a wealth of expertise and experience in making stained glass. Through this series, participants can learn the techniques to create stained glass suncatchers and take home a beautiful finished piece. Each successive $55 workshop builds additional skills, but all sessions may be taken by any beginner. Two times are offered for each workshop on Thursdays at 9:00 a.m. or 6:00 p.m. All equipment and materials are provided. Participants should wear comfortable work clothes and closed toe shoes.
- Valentine Votive on February 10.
- Spring Bouquet on March 10.
- Hummingbird Suncatcher on April 7.
- Succulent Planter on May 12.
Wire artist Herb May will help students fashion a spiral wire candle holder to learn the basics of gently bending wire to create wonderful and often whimsical shapes. In this workshop participants will bend 1/8" and 1/16" wire to create at least three objects such as crosses, stars, fish, and shamrocks. All materials are provided. This $35 class takes place on Tuesday, March 15 at 6:00 p.m.
Marketing and Public Relations Coordinator