The relationship we have with Australia is a terrific relationship, and probably stronger now than ever before."
— President Donald J. Trump
CELEBRATING A FRIENDSHIP: President Donald J. Trump is reaffirming and strengthening the long-standing partnership between the United States and Australia.
STRENGTHENING OUR UNBREAKABLE ALLIANCE: Australia has long been an invaluable ally and supports United States efforts to combat current security threats.
- President Trump is welcoming Prime Minister Morrison of Australia to the White House to celebrate our countries' close friendship and shared history.
- Our nations are reaffirming our common vision for global peace, security, and prosperity.
- President Trump is advancing our strong trade and investment partnership with Australia and will tour the new Australian-owned manufacturing facility in Ohio.
- Since World War I, the United States and Australia have shared a vital security alliance that will continue long into the future.
ADVANCING OUR ECONOMIC PARTNERSHIP: The Trump Administration is working with Australia to further strengthen our economic partnership by promoting technological innovation.
- For more than a century, the United States and Australia have fought side by side in every major conflict to defeat common adversaries.
- President Trump is working closely with Prime Minister Morrison to ensure that our strong alliance is effectively combatting current security threats.
- Australia has joined the United States in our efforts to secure the safety of international waterways for transit and global commerce.
- Australia will join patrols with the United States through the Strait of Hormuz in an effort to protect freedom of navigation around the strait.
- Our two countries have agreed to develop a new mechanism to strengthen and align coordination of our Indo-Pacific strategies to promote peace and stability in the region.
You can visit a collection of all White House posts by clicking here.
- Australia is continuing more than 60 years of successful cooperation with the United States in space.
- Australia's Space Agency supports NASA's plans to return to the moon by 2024 and to explore areas of mutual interest, such as automation and robotics.
- The United States and Australia are developing a plan to improve the security and supply of rare earths and other critical minerals in both countries.
- The Trump Administration intends to enhance cooperation between our scientific, engineering, and education communities.
- This will advance frontier technologies and identify future research projects that will benefit both nations.
- The United States will collaborate with Australia to promote innovation in recycling and waste management to help large source countries reduce discharges of marine plastics.