After Nancy Pelosi this weekend hijacked bipartisan negotiations
in the Senate on the phase three CVOID-19 stimulus package, she yesterday unveiled her own bill in an attempt to address the current crisis facing our country. Pelosi's legislation, however, is filled with radical liberal proposals that have nothing to do with protecting the physical and economic health of the nation as we work together to fight the coronavirus.
Prior to the passage of the phase two CVOID-19 stimulus package, Cal Cunningham copy and pasted Nancy Pelosi's talking points
to develop his own "priorities
" for what should have been contained in the bill. North Carolina does not need a Senator who will fight to enact the Democrats' Radical Agenda. We need a Senator like Thom Tillis who will fight for North Carolina families and small businesses.
- Permanently raises the minimum wage to $15 for any business that receives federal aid for COVID-19
- Requires all airlines that receive assistance to offset carbon emissions for domestic flights by 2025
- Includes expansive new tax-credit for solar and wind energy
- Offers $10,000 in blanket student loan forgiveness
- Permanent changes to who can serve on corporate boards of directors for companies that receive assistance for payroll and operating costs
- Mandates how states must run elections, including the nationalization of ballot harvesting, requiring early voting, same day registration, and no-excuse vote by mail
- Funds sanctuary cities
- Limits Customs and Border Patrol's ability to shutdown processing centers if there is a health crisis on the border and requires CBP to assure the timely adjudication of asylums applications
- *And allocates $35 million to the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts*
- Contact: Jeff Hauser