Trump Was ‘Not Interested’ In Proposal In Fall Of 2022 To Avoid Charges In Documents Probe: Report | Eastern NC Now

Former President Donald Trump reportedly ignored in a plan late last year — after his Mar-a-Lago home was raided by the FBI — from one of his top lawyers to defuse the federal criminal investigation into his handling of sensitive U.S. government records.

ENCNow
    Publisher's Note: This post appears here courtesy of the The Daily Wire. The author of this post is Ryan Saavedra.

Publisher's Note: This series of posts on this one issue - The Unprecedented FBI Raid of President Trump's Mar-a-Lago Estate - can all be found here on ENC NOW.

    Former President Donald Trump reportedly ignored in a plan late last year - after his Mar-a-Lago home was raided by the FBI - from one of his top lawyers to defuse the federal criminal investigation into his handling of sensitive U.S. government records.

    The Washington Post reported that attorney Christopher Kise believed that the U.S. Department of Justice under Attorney General Merrick Garland did not want to charge the former president and that the department would be willing to agree to a settlement in the case if the former president were to return the all the remaining documents.

    The report said that Trump was "not interested" in the plan after listening to others in his orbit who urged him to take a more "pugilistic approach."

    Then-Trump attorney Alex Cannon urged the former president to give the documents back to the National Archives in the fall of 2021 and warned him of the serious legal repercussions that he would face if he did not, the report added.

    When the National Archives realized in early 2021 that some of Trump's White House records were missing, they reportedly contacted Patrick Philbin, deputy counsel to then-President Trump, for help in retrieving the documents, according to a report last August.

    Philbin reportedly tried to help the National Archives retrieve the material, but was reportedly blocked by Trump.

    "It's not theirs, it's mine," Trump reportedly told several of his advisers.

    The former president was also warned by former Trump White House lawyer Eric Herschmann that he could face serious legal jeopardy if he did not comply.

    Numerous reports, including the one from The Post, have said that instead of listening to his lawyers, Trump took the advice of Judicial Watch president Tom Fitton, who is not a lawyer.

    Trump has repeatedly said that he should be clear legally speaking because of the President Records Act.

    "SO NOW THAT EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS THAT THE PRESIDENTIAL RECORDS ACT, PLUS THE CLINTON SOCKS CASE, TOTALLY EXONERATED ME FROM THE CONTINUING WITCH HUNT BROUGHT ON BY CORRUPT JOE BIDEN, THE DOJ, DERANGED JACK SMITH, AND THEIR RADICAL LEFT, MARXIST THUGS, WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO DROP ALL CHARGES AGAINST ME, APOLOGIZE, AND RETURN EVERYTHING THAT WAS ILLEGALLY TAKEN (FOURTH AMENDMENT) FROM MY HOME?" Trump posted to social media on Thursday. "THIS WAS NOTHING OTHER THAN ELECTION INTERFERENCE!!!"

    Former Trump Attorney General William Barr and former U.S. prosecutor Andrew McCarthy, a staunch conservative, have both disputed this notion and have argued that the Presidential Records Act only covers things like notes and diaries - not highly classified material created by U.S. government agencies and departments.

poll#157
Was it a judicious ploy for Joe Biden's FBI to execute the unprecedented raid of President Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate?
  Yes; the Cheneys despise this former Republican president, and for good reason ... so they say.
  No; never has a former president been treated with this level of vindictive abuse by those temporarily in power.
  Who cares? It's Trump.
932 total vote(s)     What's your Opinion?



Go Back

HbAD0

Latest State and Federal

A new poll data points to continuing trend among the next generation of the left.
Trump administration policies are bringing the country back from the brink of an uncontrolled influx of illegal immigrants.
Ozturk's detention became a flashpoint in President Trump's mass deportation campaign.
“President Trump has always been clear about short-term disruptions as a result of Operation Epic Fury."
Cheryl Hines. Dennis Quaid. Nicki Minaj. All became associated with the Trump administration. What happened next?

HbAD1

A federal grand jury in North Carolina has indicted former FBI Director James Comey on two charges related to making threats against President Donald Trump.
Their goal was simple: to put a Planned Parenthood in every mailbox in America.
Treasury officials allege these groups pose as humanitarian entities while covertly siphoning donations to Hamas.
President Donald Trump has publicly floated regime change and other aggressive actions toward Cuba.
With a new roadside plaque unveiled in Ellerbe on April 23, legendary wrestler and local resident André René Roussimoff is finally getting the formal recognition fans believe he deserves.
Following a string of attacks, critics are calling for denaturalizations. It's not that simple.

HbAD2

The solution is not to legalize the problem; it is to enforce the law consistently and deter future illegal immigration.

HbAD3

 
 
Back to Top