Iran Offered $200,000 To Assassinate British News Anchors: Report | Eastern NC Now

Iranian spies reportedly offered a human smuggler $200,000 to murder two Iranian-born journalists living in London as part of a campaign to scare Iranian dissidents scattered across the world.

ENCNow
    Publisher's Note: This post appears here courtesy of the The Daily Wire. The author of this post is Ryan Saavedra.

    Iranian spies reportedly offered a human smuggler $200,000 to murder two Iranian-born journalists living in London as part of a campaign to scare Iranian dissidents scattered across the world.

    ITV reported that Iran codenamed Sima Sabet and Fardad Farahzad - who are journalists at Iran International, a Persian news organization that targets Iranian viewers - the "bride and groom" in their assassination plot.

    The spies planned to target Iran International's studios in London with a car bomb, the report said. However, they ditched their plan after leaders in the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) decided that a knife attack at the target's homes would be more effective because the studios had "many security guards."

    Iran wanted to use a criminal to carry out the attack who was already there; that way, Iran could have plausible deniability in the plot.

    ITV spoke with the smuggler Iran hired for the plot, who later helped law enforcement foil the plot. When the television network learned of the plot last year, they moved their operations from the U.K. to the U.S.

    The human smuggler told ITV that the two presenters were targeted because they were causing "a lot of humiliation in the media" against Iran.

    He said that the Iranians wanted to make an example out of them by having them killed and hoped that their deaths would deter other dissidents from speaking out.

    "I didn't know there was a specific threat against me until now," Fardad told ITV News. "Hearing it firsthand makes it more real. It's shocking to see people who are casually talking about harming me."

    Sabet said, "The fact that they tried to kill me shows I did my job well, I was effective... I didn't betray people and I stood with them, even with my life on the line."

HbAD0

    The report alleged that the commands for the operation - which were recorded and reviewed by ITV - were sent out by Muhammed Abd al-Razek Kanafani, who has close ties to Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad.

    The human smuggler said that his ties to the IRGC started in 2016 after the organization contacted him to help them with shipping because they knew he had vast connections in the industry.

    However, what the IRGC did not know was that the human smuggler was a double agent for a Western intelligence agency and that he was alerting them to the IRGC's plans the entire time, the report said. The report said that it would not name the Western intelligence agency.
Go Back

HbAD1

Latest State and Federal

It's a perfect storm of the decline of local lumber industries and the policies put in place to (mis)manage Canadian forests.
On Monday, US Rep. Chuck Edwards, R-NC11, was found in violation of the House Code of Official Conduct by the House Ethics Committee, regarding the prohibition of sexual harassment, resulting in calls for him to be censured.
Raleigh, N.C. — The State Board of Elections will hold a remote meeting via WebEx at 9 a.m. on Thursday, August 6, 2026.
The State Board of Elections will hold a remote meeting via Webex at 10 a.m. Monday, August 3, 2026.
“Not getting that large sum of money ... was just the final death blow to the company.”
“Neville Singham has been a mechanism and funding arm of the Chinese Communist Party.”

HbAD2

“I’m from America, 250 years ago we were way bigger than 6/1 dogs, and look at us thriving now.” Justin Gaethje pulls off an all time sports upset.
Raleigh, N.C. — The State Board of Elections has received complaints from county boards of elections and citizens about a recent mailing from a group attempting to register voters in North Carolina.
"I plan to keep his counsel close until our paths cross again," JD Vance said on Thursday.
On Tuesday, Democratic Gov. Josh Stein signed an executive order creating the bipartisan Health Care Affordability Commission that he said will look at ways to make healthcare more affordable for North Carolinians.
"Margo’s Got Money Troubles" explores how financial desperation drives women to OnlyFans. That’s not empowering. It’s exploitative.
"He is fully fit to carry out all duties of the Commander-in-Chief and Head of State."
"We are leveraging counterterrorism tools and global partnerships to deter this threat before it metastasizes," an official shared.
Not giving our kids their own devices was one of the best parenting decisions my husband and I made.

HbAD3

 
 
Back to Top