During the next three months, the NC Department of Administration is providing business and government leaders opportunities to join a virtual lunch and learn series that explore ways to enhance and develop diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts within North Carolina's public and private business sectors. Hosted by the Andrea Harris Task Force's Business Engagement Group, each of the three free 90-minute webinars features a panel of business experts who will share their experiences, challenges, and successes with programs created to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion. Each webinar also features an audience question and answer session.
"The goal is to continue advancing diversity, equity and inclusion within our state,"
said Andrea Harris Task Force Chair and Secretary of the NC Department of Administration Pamela B. Cashwell. "Our workforce, particularly leadership roles, should reflect the diversity of our state. It is my hope that businesses will take information from the lunch and learn series to improve upon disparities within the workplace including equal pay and gender segregated careers."
The learning series begins next week and includes topics such as recruiting, on-the-job training and employee business resource groups. Participants can elect to attend any or all three webinars.
April 22, 2022
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion External Mentor Programs & Supplier Diversity Programs
May 20, 2022
- Moderator: Kevin Price, President & CEO, National Institute of Minority Economic Development
- Panelists: Kate Weaver, Supplier Diversity Manager, Peapod Digital Labs (Food Lion sister company)
- Andrew Grier, Supplier Engagement & Diversity Manager, Duke Energy
- Internal Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Training and Employee Business Resource Groups
June 17, 2022
- Moderator: Evin L. Grant, Policy Director, NC Department of Administration
- Panelists: Danielle Pavliv, Chief Diversity Officer, SAS
- Brooke Cummings, Senior Vice President of Human Resources, Curi
- Niya Fonville, Director of Externships, Campbell Law School
- Diversity Recruiting and Hiring and On the Job Training
All participants must pre-register to attend each lunch and learn. Participants can register here
or by visiting the Task Force web page
About NCDOA and the Andrea Harris Task Force
The N.C. Department of Administration acts as the business manager for North Carolina state government. Under the leadership of Secretary Pamela B. Cashwell, the department oversees government operations and advocacy programs. The department's advocacy programs help to promote and assist diverse segments of the state's population that have been traditionally underserved. Governor Cooper established The Andrea Harris Social, Economic, Environmental, and Health Equity Task Force to addresses the social, environmental, economic, and health disparities in communities of color disproportionally impacted by COVID-19. Named in honor of the late civil rights activist, Andrea Harris, who dedicated her life to eliminating disparities in North Carolina, the Task Force work targets core areas including Access to Healthcare, Economic Opportunities and Business Development, Educational Opportunity, Environmental Justice and Inclusion, and Patient Engagement.
- NCDOA Communications
- Department of Administration
- 116 W. Jones Street
- Raleigh, North Carolina 27603