This post appears here courtesy of the John Locke Foundation
. The author of this post is Mitch Kokai
Brandon Morse of RedState.com dissects
the latest pronouncement from the Biden administration's chief spokeswoman
- They're never going to let you go.
- The Biden administration is still coasting on the vaccine rollout developed by the Trump administration but according to Joe Biden's Press Secretary Jen Psaki, we're still in for "months and months" of suffering and sacrifice.
- "We need to remain vigilant...It's still going to be months and months of sacrifice, of work, of suffering, unfortunately, in order to get through the pandemic," Psaki said during Monday's press briefing.
- As of this writing, the vaccination rate in America is 1.7 million a day, making it the world leader. This rate alone does not indicate "months and months" of suffering and sacrifice are needed in order to make sure Americans will be safe from the pandemic.
- Moreover, the additional precautions such as the "mask mandates" Psaki said are coming down the line aren't going to help the situation, especially when you have states like Florida showing up the rest of America with its thriving economy and a near-total absence of lockdown procedures or mask requirements. Meanwhile, states like California have nearly draconian measures and have a ruined economy and extensive infection rate.
- What's the point of having months and months of sacrifice and suffering when we have the solution and the methods of how to get through this right in front of us? Why waste this much time, money, and effort?
- It's unclear, and in the absence of particulars, the only good conclusion to come to is that what we're really dealing with isn't a virus, it's Democrat Party theatrics. Sadly, these theatrics are actually hurting people. As my colleague, Nick Arama, reported earlier today, during the same press conference, Psaki was asked to confirm whether or not New York Governor Andrew Cuomo was still the "gold standard" when it came to dealing with the Coronavirus.
- Her answer was not to answer.