The Beaufort County Board of Elections is starting the process to acquire a new voting equipment system. There are legal requirements that need to be met. The steps are as follows:
- Board of elections members must witness a demonstration of at least two voting system and one must be a certified voting system not currently used in your county.
- The board of elections must then make a preliminary recommendation to the board of county commissioners as to which voting system should be acquired by the county.
- The county board of elections must test the proposed voting system in a simulated election.
- Seek State Board approval to replace the current voting system.
- County board of elections must make a final recommendation to the board of county commissioners. (The board of commissioners can decline to adopt or acquire any voting system recommended by the county board of elections, but it cannot adopt or acquire a voting system that has not been approved by the county board of elections. The public contracting and procurement statutes do not apply to the purchase of a certified voting system. Along with the final recommendation, the CBE must submit the proposed vendor contract to the State Board of Elections for review and approval.)
Public demonstrations will be held at 1308 Highland Dr, Suite 104, Washington, NC
on the following dates:
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
at 5:00 PM — Hart Inter Civic
Tuesday, April 27, 2021
at 5:00 PM — Election Systems and Software
It is possible a quorum of the Beaufort County Board of Commissioners may be present during the demonstration. This event is purely informational and no other County business will be discussed.
This demonstration is open to the public.
- Katie Mosher, CMC, NCCCC
- Clerk to the Board
- Beaufort County
- Ph: 252-946-0079, Ext. 1010