The Executive Committee for the North Carolina Third Congressional District Republican Party met on Saturday, Jan. 4, 2020 in Washington, N.C. By an unanimous vote, the Committee adopted a resolution (see below) opposing Gov. Roy Cooper's Executive Order 80
- an order that circumvented the N.C. General Assembly and continues to subject North Carolinians to 40 percent higher electric utility rates compared to the states without renewable energy mandates.
Dr. Donald van der Vaart, John Locke Foundation senior fellow, discusses the impact of government policy on N.C. solar energy costs - CLICK HERE
to view the video or CLICK HERE
to read his published piece in the Carolina Journal.
A few other key points, are:
- wind energy will be a net economic liability to NC host communities,
- there are no scientific studies that have concluded that wind energy saves any consequential amount of CO2,
- there are scientific studies that have concluded that wind energy can increase global warming, and
- both wind and solar create substantial problems in the decommissioning of their carcinogenic materials.