Pentagon Says Defense Officials Cracking Down On Access After Leak | Eastern NC Now

The Department of Defense (DoD) is working to cut down the number of people who have access to secret information, a Pentagon official said Monday following a leak of classified documents.

ENCNow
    Publisher's Note: This post appears here courtesy of the The Daily Wire. The author of this post is Daniel Chaitin.

    The Department of Defense (DoD) is working to cut down the number of people who have access to secret information, a Pentagon official said Monday following a leak of classified documents.

    Officials are "culling through" distribution lists, as well as examining other issues such as printing access, as part of a "long-term" review, Pentagon Deputy Press Secretary Sabrina Singh told reporters during a briefing.

    Singh said she could not provide "exact numbers" on who has had access revoked, but did concede "actions have already been taken" in a bid to restrict the flow of sensitive information.

    "We have to make sure the service members or our civilians have what they need to be able to do their job, but also we need to make sure that it is on a need-to-know basis," she added.

    The DoD says an interagency review is underway to assess the validity and national security impact of images that began popping up in recent months on social media, starting with Discord, showing what appeared to be secret details about China, Russia's war in Ukraine, surveillance efforts, and more. In addition, the Department of Justice opened a criminal investigation into the matter following a referral from the DoD.

    A 21-year-old Massachusetts Air National Guard member, Jack Teixeira, was arrested and charged last week in connection with the leak. Teixeira possessed a high-level security clearance, a criminal complaint shows, and he worked essentially as a computer network technician while assigned to an intelligence unit at a base in Cape Cod, Massachusetts.

    A U.S. defense official told The Washington Post many of the documents that appeared online look like they were prepared for Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other senior military officials, but stressed these records would be available broadly to people with proper clearance.

    Some of the images reportedly showed documents printed on paper that had then been folded and crumpled up. Newsweek published images of several of the documents on Sunday.

    At the order of Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, a DoD post-leak assessment is expected to produce preliminary findings and recommendations for protecting classified information in 45 days, Singh said.

    The Pentagon spokeswoman also offered the assurance that there is a "very robust vetting process when it comes to someone being able to have a security clearance" but noted there may be areas that could be improved upon, pending the review.

poll#178
Considering the current overwhelming obstacles inflicting stress upon America's working class: rampant inflation; energy insecurity; supply chain turmoil; banking failures; foreign policy disasters; government corruption; (DEI) Diversity Equity Inclusion narrative, with WOKE extremes practiced; Climate Change ideology; intractable crime wave in Leftist cities; wide open border by executive design; a permanently discredited Legacy Media; failed or failing education industry, just to name a few of the many: Who should Americans blame?
  Donald J. Trump
  Joseph R. Biden
  Leftist controlled Congress for the last 4 years.
  Bloated, incompetent bureaucracy weaponized and poorly managed
  The electorate, US, for putting these fools in elected office that utterly fail
294 total vote(s)     What's your Opinion?

Go Back

HbAD0

Latest State and Federal

It's a perfect storm of the decline of local lumber industries and the policies put in place to (mis)manage Canadian forests.
On Monday, US Rep. Chuck Edwards, R-NC11, was found in violation of the House Code of Official Conduct by the House Ethics Committee, regarding the prohibition of sexual harassment, resulting in calls for him to be censured.
Raleigh, N.C. — The State Board of Elections will hold a remote meeting via WebEx at 9 a.m. on Thursday, August 6, 2026.
The State Board of Elections will hold a remote meeting via Webex at 10 a.m. Monday, August 3, 2026.
“Not getting that large sum of money ... was just the final death blow to the company.”
“Neville Singham has been a mechanism and funding arm of the Chinese Communist Party.”

HbAD1

“I’m from America, 250 years ago we were way bigger than 6/1 dogs, and look at us thriving now.” Justin Gaethje pulls off an all time sports upset.
Raleigh, N.C. — The State Board of Elections has received complaints from county boards of elections and citizens about a recent mailing from a group attempting to register voters in North Carolina.
"I plan to keep his counsel close until our paths cross again," JD Vance said on Thursday.
On Tuesday, Democratic Gov. Josh Stein signed an executive order creating the bipartisan Health Care Affordability Commission that he said will look at ways to make healthcare more affordable for North Carolinians.
"Margo’s Got Money Troubles" explores how financial desperation drives women to OnlyFans. That’s not empowering. It’s exploitative.
"He is fully fit to carry out all duties of the Commander-in-Chief and Head of State."
"We are leveraging counterterrorism tools and global partnerships to deter this threat before it metastasizes," an official shared.

HbAD2

 
 
Back to Top