Good Evening Everyone,
We are continuing to monitor an approaching cold front that has the potential to bring severe weather to Eastern NC tonight through tomorrow. Below are the forecast details for Beaufort Co.
- Rain chances will increase after 9pm tonight. However, the greatest chance of rain is forecasted to occur between 6am and 12pm tomorrow. This is also our most likely timeframe for severe weather.
- South winds at 8 - 12mph will continue through midnight, and will increase to 15+ mph by sunrise. Sustained winds are expected to peak at 20+ mph by noon tomorrow, and will quickly drop as the front clears our area by mid-afternoon. Wind gusts of 30 - 40 mph are possible during this time.
Please see the attachment and email below
from the NWS for additional forecast details. Their next briefing is scheduled for 6am tomorrow.
We encourage everyone to continue to monitor local media outlets for updates, watches and warnings.
As always, feel free to contact us if we can help in any way, and thank you all for what you do to keep Beaufort County prepared and safe.
Deputy Director, Beaufort County Emergency Services
1420 Highland Dr
Washington, NC 27889
Office: (252) 940-6511
Cell: (252) 378-5352
Attached you will find our latest briefing regarding the strong cold front that will impact the area late Tonight through Monday. We still anticipate strong to severe thunderstorms to cross Eastern NC early Monday morning through Monday afternoon, with the potential for damaging winds, frequent lightning, hail, and tornadoes possible.
The biggest changes with this forecast update are:
- Wind Advisory expanded to all of Eastern NC
- High Surf Advisory for Eastern NC beaches from North Topsail to Duck
- Coastal Flood Advisory for sound-side portions of the Outer Banks from Rodanthe to Roanoke Island.
You can view our latest briefing at any time by visiting: https://www.weather.gov/media/mhx/LatestBriefing.pdf . If you have any questions please contact our office at 252-223-5737 ext 6.
NWS Morehead City NOAA - National Weather Service
Newport/Morehead City, NC Weather Forecast Office
533 Roberts Rd
Newport, NC 28570
Click the image below to receive the enitre mutli-page PDF describing what might be a powerful storm here on Easter and Monday: Below.