This post appears here courtesy of the The Daily Wire
. The author of this post is Daily Wire News
President Donald Trump said Tuesday afternoon that up to nine additional nations could join a peace deal with Israel in the near future, including Saudi Arabia.
"We have many other countries [that are] going to be joining us and they're going to be joining us soon,"
Trump told reporters on the White House lawn. "We'll have, I think, I mean I think seven, or eight, or nine. We're going to have a lot of other countries joining us, including the big ones."
"It's not something that my critics thought was possible and now they say, 'wow, that was a good idea,'"
Trump continued. "I will say, it's gotten rave reviews."
About a minute later, Trump added: "I spoke with the king of Saudi Arabia, at the right time I do think they will come in, yes, I do. This is a very big and very historic moment."
The remarks from the president come after he declared the "dawn of a new Middle East" on Tuesday afternoon during a signing ceremony of two peace deals between Israel and its neighbors.
"The deals between Israel and the United Arab Emirates, and Israel and Bahrain, involve the exchanging of ambassadors, establishment of embassies and co-operation on a range of fronts — including trade, security and tourism,"
Fox News reported
. "The agreements, known as the 'Abraham Accords' also allow Muslims to visit Islamic holy sites in Israel. Trump said the deals would form 'the foundation for a comprehensive peace across the entire region.'"
The Abraham Accords Declaration states:
- We, the undersigned, recognize the importance of maintaining and strengthening peace in the Middle East and around the world based on mutual understanding and coexistence, as well as respect for human dignity and freedom, including religious freedom.
- We encourage efforts to promote interfaith and intercultural dialogue to advance a culture of peace among the three Abrahamic religions and all humanity.
- We believe that the best way to address challenges is through cooperation and dialogue and that developing friendly relations among States advances the interests of lasting peace in the Middle East and around the world.
- We seek tolerance and respect for every person in order to make this world a place where all can enjoy a life of dignity and hope, no matter their race, faith or ethnicity.
- We support science, art, medicine, and commerce to inspire humankind, maximize human potential and bring nations closer together.
- We seek to end radicalization and conflict to provide all children a better future.
- We pursue a vision of peace, security, and prosperity in the Middle East and around the world.
- In this spirit, we warmly welcome and are encouraged by the progress already made in establishing diplomatic relations between Israel and its neighbors in the region under the principles of the Abraham Accords. We are encouraged by the ongoing efforts to consolidate and expand such friendly based on shared interests and a shared commitment to a better future.