Publisher's Note: This post appears here courtesy of the The Daily Wire. The author of this post is Ryan Saavedra.
Democrat President Joe Biden was mocked over the weekend for bragging about flying 70,000 pounds of baby formula from Europe to the U.S. as his administration has faced criticism for the shortage of baby formula across the country.
"Folks, I'm excited to tell you that the first flight from Operation Fly Formula is loaded up with more than 70,000 pounds of infant formula and about to land in Indiana,"
President Biden tweeted Sunday. "Our team is working around the clock to get safe formula to everyone who needs it."
Biden originally claimed on Twitter that his administration had brought in "70,000 tons"
of baby formula which was later deleted, but not before it went viral on social media.
Biden faced a mix of mockery and intense criticism online for bragging about the situation.
"Over 10,000 children are born daily in the US, 20% of which will use formula within the first days of life,"
Nicole Saphier, MD, wrote on Twitter. "The shipment is great, but let's be honest, the supply won't last more than a couple days."
The popular conservative Twitter account Comfortably Smug wrote, "Biden has turned us into a third world nation where other countries are sending us relief aid."
Other notable responses included:
- Stephen L. Miller, political commentator: "Another Biden Admin historic airlift."
- Julie Gunlock, director of Independent Women's Network: "The Biden admin created this mess...but sure, folks, take a bow."
- Ellen Carmichael, president of The Lafayette Co.: "Will never not be discomfiting to see other countries bailing us out for stupid policy decisions. This is America."
- Jesse Kelly, radio host: "The government causing a baby formula bottleneck with ridiculous regulations and then causing a baby formula shortage with incompetence and then acting like a hero for flying in baby formula is the most government thing in the history of government things."
- Preston Byrne, attorney: "If you just allowed European formula to be sold to US distributors you wouldn't need the military to fly in pallets for show Abolish the FDA."
- Victoria Coates, former White House official: "Honestly I think it might have been better to just sit this one out and hope folks weren't paying too much attention on a Sunday morning to your previous effort?"
- James Jay Carafano, Heritage Foundation Vice President for Foreign & Security: "Only this White House could attempt to make virtue out of its incompetence."
- Tammy Bruce, Fox News: "You have officially turned our great country into Blanche DuBois, unstable and completely reliant on the kindness of strangers."
- Hans Mahncke, political commentator: "Probably the most humiliating tweet of all time (made even more humiliating by the fact that the millennials who wrote it are oblivious to how humiliating it is)."
- Zack Kanter, political commentator: "It's a reverse Berlin Airlift, where we're blockading ourselves and flying in our own shipments to prevent the starvation that we're at risk of causing."
- Sean Spicer, former White House official: "There has been a baby formula shortage in the US since January - we a[re] less than 10 days from June."
- John Cardillo, political commentator: "This senile idiot is impressed that third world countries are solving problems he and his handlers created."
- John Cooper, The Heritage Foundation: "How bad are things under Joe Biden? We have to fly in baby formula from Germany to make sure American babies don't starve."
The Daily Wire is one of America's fastest growing conservative media companies for breaking news, investigative reporting, sports, podcasts, in-depth analysis, books, and entertainment for a reason: because we believe in what we do. We believe in our country, in the value of truth and the freedom to speak it, and in the right to challenge tyranny wherever we see it. Believe the same? Become a member now and join our mission.