Publisher's Note: This post appears here courtesy of the The Daily Wire. The author of this post is Amanda Prestigiacomo.
Fred Savage has been fired from his role as executive producer and director of a Disney-owned ABC reboot of "The Wonder Years,"
a spokesman confirmed Friday.
Savage, who starred in the original "Wonder Years"
show, was investigated for "inappropriate conduct"
before the decision came in to fire the 45-year-old.
"Recently, we were made aware of allegations of inappropriate conduct by Fred Savage, and as is policy, an investigation was launched,"
a spokesman for 20th Television said in a statement, according to Deadline. "Upon its completion, the decision was made to terminate his employment as an executive producer and director of 'The Wonder Years.'"
Rumors of the alleged misbehavior include "verbal outbursts and inappropriate behavior."
Actress Alley Mills, who played Savage's mother on the original show, said in 2018 that the series was canceled back in 1993 over a "completely ridiculous sexual harassment suit that was going on against Fred Savage."
The suit was filed against Savage, then 16, and a then-20-year-old Jason Hervey, who played Savage's brother on the show, claiming verbal and physical harassment.
Mills said her on-screen son "is the least offensive, most wonderful, sweet human being that ever walked the face of the earth ... So I just thought it was a big joke and it was going to blow over."
"Some innocent people can get caught up in this stuff,"
Mills continued, referring generally to the sweeping #MeToo movement. "It's very tricky."
"It was so not true. It was my [costumer], and I don't care if she's listening,"
she said. "I probably shouldn't be telling this, but I don't care because it's so long ago and it's gotta be over now."
A woman in 2018 claimed Savage attacked and harassed her on set of "The Grinder"
in 2015. The actor slammed the allegations as "completely without merit and absolutely untrue,"
and an investigation into the claims found no wrongdoing.
Last month, legendary comedic actor Bill Murray was accused of "inappropriate behavior,"
leading to producers shutting down a project called "Being Mortal,"
The Daily Wire reported.
"Principal photography for the project - a film adaptation of surgeon Atul Gawande's nonfiction book 'Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End' - was said to be halfway completed at the time the set was shut down, just three weeks after it began on March 28,"
the report noted.
The nature of the allegations are unclear, though Murray has disclosed that the issue concerns a female on the set.
The Daily Wire is one of America's fastest growing conservative media companies for breaking news, investigative reporting, sports, podcasts, in-depth analysis, books, and entertainment for a reason: because we believe in what we do. We believe in our country, in the value of truth and the freedom to speak it, and in the right to challenge tyranny wherever we see it. Believe the same? Become a member now and join our mission.