This post appears here courtesy of the John Locke Foundation
. The author of this post is Mitch Kokai
of Townhall.com lists
likely leaders within a Joe Biden presidential administration.
- In hopes of a Joe Biden presidency, far left radicals of the Democrat Party are chomping at the bit of power in Washington D.C.
- According to a report in POLITICO, Senator Elizabeth Warren wants to be Biden's Treasury Secretary if he wins the White House next Tuesday. ...
- ... The Warren news comes on the heels of reports Socialist Bernie Sanders is gunning for Labor Secretary. ...
- ... Adding fuel to the fire, Democrat vice presidential candidate Kamala Harris — who was rated the most liberal Senator on Capitol Hill — will have a heavy policy influence in a Biden administration.
- Given the long held policy positions of Harris, Warren and Sanders for government control over large swaths of the economy, including healthcare and the energy industry, this news should terrify free market proponents, capitalists and quite frankly, all Americans.
Even if these appointments never happen, Biden's own ideas
are scary enough, as the "Locker Room,"
- With an eye toward the corner of the map marked "Pennsylvania" (and, perhaps, the part marked "Texas") Biden spent weeks emphasizing that, unlike some other Democrats, he has not supported a categorical ban on hydraulic fracturing, the modern extraction technology upon which most of the U.S. oil and gas industries depend.
- But there is rather less to that position than meets the eye: For one thing, as president, Biden would not have the authority to simply categorically ban fracking coast to coast. He would, however, have the power to restrict fracking on federal lands - something Biden has, in fact, sworn to do. He describes his policy thus: "No fracking on federal land." Biden often is less than clear in his speech, but that is clear enough. ...
- ... Not to worry, Biden says, nobody in the oil business is going to lose his job over this. Also, if you like your health insurance, you can keep your health insurance.