At Least One U.S. Service Member Injured By Missile Strikes In Syria: Reports | Eastern NC Now

At least one U.S. service member has been injured in a rocket attack in eastern Syria.

ENCNow
    Publisher's Note: This post appears here courtesy of the The Daily Wire. The author of this post is John Rigolizzo.

    At least one U.S. service member has been injured in a rocket attack in eastern Syria.

    Journalists in the Middle East reported Friday afternoon that at least 20 missiles had been fired at a U.S. base in Deir Ezzor in eastern Syria, with at least eight missiles making contact. According to CNN, the attacks, which reportedly occurred near the Conoco oil field, injured at least one service member.

    "More than 20 missiles target the American base in the [Conoco] gas field east of Deir Ezzor," journalist Hussein Mortada first reported on Twitter at around 4:35 p.m. EST.

    According to another tweet from Al Jazeera, a U.S. official said that eight missiles hit the base. Officials were still assessing damage and casualties at the time.

    A video tweeted from OSINTdefender, posted around 4:59 p.m. EST, features the sound of distant rocket fire. "Heavy Rocket Fire can be heard near U.S. Operating Bases in the Conoco Oil Fields in Northeastern Syria," the account reported.

    CNN reported late Friday afternoon that militant groups affiliated with Iran launched the rockets targeting U.S. forces near the Conoco oil field. A senior U.S. defense official told Fox News that there were actually two separate attacks carried out on two separate bases: the first was a rocket attack, while the other was a drone strike. Officials at the Pentagon were still assessing any damage or casualties at the time.

    CNN later reported that one U.S. service member was injured in the attack. That service member was in stable condition, officials reported.
Go Back

HbAD0

Latest Op-Ed & Politics

A new poll data points to continuing trend among the next generation of the left.
Libertarian rabble rouser Massie defeated in Kentucky
Trump administration policies are bringing the country back from the brink of an uncontrolled influx of illegal immigrants.
Sen. Tillis Urges Senate to Cancel ICE, Border Patrol Vote to Boost Cornyn’s Reelection Bid

HbAD1

AG investigates hospital for Medicaid billing fraud on child gender reassignment surgeries
Ozturk's detention became a flashpoint in President Trump's mass deportation campaign.

HbAD2

(RALEIGH) Today, Governor Stein announced he has signed one bill into law.

HbAD3

 
 
Back to Top