This post appears here courtesy of the John Locke Foundation
. The author of this post is Mitch Kokai
Jake Dima writes
for the Daily Caller about one disturbing policy preference
common to multiple members of President-elect Joe Biden's prospective Cabinet.
- At least five of President-elect Joe Biden's reported cabinet picks have expressed pro-gun control views in past statements, a Daily Caller News Foundation review has found.
- Biden, who is set to be inaugurated on Jan. 20, has said he plans to end the sale of so-called "assault weapons" and "high-capacity magazines" in addition to instituting red flag legislation and ending liability protections for gun manufacturers and sellers, according to his campaign website. The former vice president's gun control plan, coupled with his slew of cabinet picks that seem to share his views on the issue, has pro-Second Amendment groups on edge.
- "We're going to be fighting for our rights continuously over the next four years no doubt about it," senior vice president of the Gun Owners of America Erich Pratt told the DCNF. ...
- ... California Attorney General Xavier Becerra was tapped by Biden last week to lead the Department of Health and Human Services, according to the New York Times. The AG was quoted in 2019 court filing arguing that AR-15s are "not in common use for lawful purposes like self defense." ...
- ... Dr. Vivek Murty, who served in former President Barack Obama's administration, was reportedly nominated by Biden to take up the role of the country's Surgeon General on Dec. 7, according to CNN. Murty, an American physician, criticized the National Rifle Association (NRA) and likened gun control to a "health care issue," in a 2012 tweet. ...
- ... Former Obama-era security adviser Susan Rice was tapped for the top domestic policy role in Biden's administration, Politico reported last week. Rice appeared in a June interview with both Everytown For Gun Safety and Moms Demand Action to discuss firearms law and racial justice unrest that was prevalent at the time.