Uptown Greenville seeks an Event Manager to recruit entertainment, manage event promotions, and expand the event offerings. The Event Manager will work collaboratively with Uptown's committees and staff.
The ideal candidate will be flexible and able to adjust to accommodate multiple tasks. Good writing and communication skills are essential. The Event Manager will be required to work some weekends and holidays, have extensive experience with event production, artist booking, and community outreach. The position reports to the Executive Director.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- Experience organizing & managing small to large scale public events;
- Great communication skills;
- Marketing and promotional experience;
- Staff/ volunteer management experience;
- Manages logistics of multiple events including planning, outreach, event applications, on-site management, vendor payments, and more;
- Manages event budgets;
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers;
- Book or manage booking of performers and artists;
- Assist in event set-up, tear down;
- Manage selection of vendors for events;
- Coordinates marketing of events media coverage, advertising, website, social media, etc.;
- Coordinate information with the merchant community to ensure successful partnerships;
- Other duties as assigned.
- This is a temporary, part-time position with 15-20 hours per week
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
by January 29, 2020.
- Contact: Uptown Greenville